11 March 2009

Zeitgeist catchup.

So I'm reading Watchmen: it's pretty great. Good story, well told, fascinating implications. But I hate the art. All the characters are hideous, especially the women. I get that it's stylized, that it's echoing the conventions of superhero comic art at the time (or maybe the 70s? can't say I'm well-informed in the genre's history. I mostly read Archie comics in my youth.), that even though I would enjoy it more as a novel novel it has to be graphic because of the nature of the tale and its implications...but man is it aesthetically unappealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Muse at Highway Speeds by http://museathighwayspeeds.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.