30 April 2012

Announcing Mystery May!

There comes a time in every bookseller's life when she looks at her TBR shelf and her stack of ARCs dutifully organized by release month and says to herself, "Ehn, screw it." For me, that moment of mutiny came last week, when I finished up Asa Nonami's Rebecca-but-so-much-creepier Now You're One of Us and realized I was in the mood for a run of mysteries, darned the torpedoes, and moved on to Tana French's amazing In the Woods. (Full reviews of both of these forthcoming. I've been sick. Again.)

Join me, then, as I catch up on a bunch of authors I've been meaning to read . . . and grant myself re-reads of China Mieville's The City and the City and Dorothy Sayers' Gaudy Night (ugh, how is the latter out of print? what is wrong with people?). Here's my wishlist:

Ken Bruen, The Guards
Jim Butcher, Storm Front (Dresden Files #1)
Alafair Burke, Never Tell (this one is an ARC, out in June)
Tana French, The Likeness
John Green, Paper Towns
Graham Greene, Brighton Rock
Patricia Highsmith, The Talented Mr. Ripley 
Scott Phillips, The Adjustment
Lauren Willig, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Muse at Highway Speeds by http://museathighwayspeeds.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.