21 January 2014

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Philip K. Dick)

So I've been staring at this page for nearly an hour, trying to think of a new way to say that one of the most acclaimed sci-fi novels of the 20th century is, in fact, realreal good, and you know what? I don't have one. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is realreal good, you guys,and I read it in a day, and it doesn't have nearly as much in common with Blade Runner as I thought. It's post-apocalyptic, for one thing, and there are indeed electric sheep--and goats and cats and spiders and owls. And household mood-inducing machines, responsible for a quote Dick stole from my day planner: "'My schedule for today lists a six-hour self-accusatory depression.'" YUP. EVERY DAY.

Thanks for picking this up off the street in Brooklyn, Chris! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Muse at Highway Speeds by http://museathighwayspeeds.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.